Friday, November 22, 2013

The Bird is 26 Weeks Pregnant!

Has it seriously already been a week since my last post?  Each week, I sit down to write a post and think, "I don't really have anything new to say," but I always come up with something!  I've actually had a fairly busy (in a good way) week.  Last Friday, after sleeping because I worked the night before, Jeff's sister, Robin, her husband, Josh, their two kids, Hazel & Virgil, and Jeff's Mom came over for dinner.  Jeff & I made "Hearty Sausage Soup."  It was quite yummy!  Maybe I'll post about it next time I make it.  After dinner, I whipped up my yummy layered taco dip (a Pampered Chef recipe I got from my sister) to bring to work where one of my co-workers suggested we have a Fiesta of sorts.  I had to work at 11pm and thankfully, it was a good night (I was due for one)!

Saturday, I slept and when I got up and ready, Jeff and I went to eat dinner at Five Guys (one of my preggo faves).  After that, we did some brief shopping (I was just looking for one small thing in particular).  Then, we went to see our friends' band, My Epic, play at a local church.  Jeff was on the same hall as a couple of guys in the band and we have remained friends as they have gained quite a following and God has blessed their ministry immensely.  If you enjoy rock music with sound theological lyrics, you should check them out.  They have several albums on iTunes and another being released very soon!  Seriously, I don't just like their music because we're friends.  It is really good stuff!

Sunday morning, Jeff & I went to church.  Then, on our way home to eat leftover soup, Jeff convinced me (it doesn't take much) to go eat at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Tokyo.  I took a nap when we got home and got up and went to work....again!  The census had dropped quite dramatically since I was there the previous morning and I only had 2 patients.  Then, I got sent home at 11pm because I was scheduled to work 8 extra hours this week.  Yay!

Monday, I took advantage of a full day off with no agenda and went shopping.  I went to the mall in search of nursery decor.  It wasn't entirely successful.  I found some good stuff at TJ Maxx and a pattern at Joann Fabrics for my Mom to make a crib skirt and bumper but otherwise, I came up empty-handed. Oh well, I still have the internet!  Tuesday, I had the pleasure of accompanying my sister-in-law to her first ultrasound!  It was fun to see my niece or nephew for the first time.  I also got my hair cut and highlighted as you can see in my belly bump pic below.  In not so great news, I have continued to be sick with a cough and other cold symptoms this week.  I got lots of good recommendations from my midwife and thankfully, last night was the first relatively cough-free night I've had in a while.  My congestion was also noticeably better.  So, I'm praying fiercely that I'm on the mend and I can put this 2 1/2 week illness behind me very soon!

OK, I guess that's enough about my week!  Here is my belly bump this week...


And here are my weekly stats:

How far along? 26 Weeks

Baby is the size of a: scallion or head of lettuce

Maternity clothes? Yes, still able to wear some non-maternity shirts and I'm loving having such a large wardrobe!

Symptoms: Increased congestion (especially when trying to sleep), bloating/gas, increased thirst and urinary frequency, clumsiness, forgetfulness, round ligament pain, fetal movement...

Sleep: Not so great but this is mostly due to my cold/cough/congestion!

Best moment this week: Seeing my niece/nephew on ultrasound!

Miss anything? Currently, I miss not having a cough (I know that's not really what this question is asking, but it's all I can think of)!

Number of times I get up to pee each night: 1-2

Food cravings: I've been doing pretty good this week!  I might crave something briefly but then, I'm able to put it out of my mind without obsessing over it until I get to eat it.  In general, the sweet tooth is still large and in charge and I still love me some french fries!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

Movement: Yes!  Lots of it!  I love how I can almost start to make out body parts when she kicks/punches/elbows/knees me!

Stretch marks? Nope!  Loving my genetics right now!

Belly button – in or out? Kinda flat but still in.

Wedding rings – on or off? On!  Still very thankful for the lack of swelling at this point.

Mood: Other than getting a little down about how I've been feeling, I think I've stayed pretty upbeat!

Looking forward to: Getting some more tangible things done to prepare the nursery, we're getting there, slowly but surely!

Baby preparations: Fine tuning my registries (Target and Babies R Us, if you care to know); searching Craigslist, etc., for baby furniture almost daily; browsing ebay, Etsy, etc. for nursery decor and necessities.

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before.She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel.


No comments:

Post a Comment