Saturday, December 14, 2013

Baby Shower!

Today (well, yesterday, technically), my sister threw me a baby shower and it was truly lovely!  I am feeling so blessed and loved, I could just explode (but I won't because that would be quite the mess for my Mom to have to clean up).  My Mom and sister put lots of hard work into planning a beautiful party and I loved every little touch.  I can imagine throwing a shower for a party planner like myself could be a bit intimidating and I know my sister was trying to make it super cute and special since I have had the privilege of throwing her three baby showers and she definitely succeeded!  The food was wonderful, the decor was just adorable, and we played some fun games.  I wasn't able to get pictures of everything, unfortunately, but here are a few showing some of the little special touches...

 This was such a cute idea.  My sister cut out scrapbook paper in the shape of onesies and pinned them to this old window that my Mom had.  Then, she had all the guests write words of wisdom, advice, or something funny as a guest book of sorts!

This was also adorable and something I had never seen before--"midnight diapers."  Each guest was supposed to write a little message on a diaper for me & Jeff to read when we're up in the middle of the night changing baby's diaper.

Yummy & cute cake from Ukrops bakery!  I don't care to admit how much of this I ate today!

Punch with cute little paper straws!

Yummy food and centerpieces made by my Mom.



We had a very nice turnout and I got lots of wonderful gifts!  











Lots of gifts to tote home tomorrow!

Lastly, we shot a few of the obligatory family & friends pictures.  So glad everyone came!

 Me & my Mom.

 My sister, Rachel, me & Mom.

 Me & my best friend of many years, Jen

My sisters-in-law (and good friends), Robin & Jess, and me!

Once again, feeling so blessed and one step closer to being ready for this baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment