Thursday, November 14, 2013

25 Weeks Preggo!

Time just keeps speeding along here in baby-growing-land!  I know it's just going to fly by even faster with the holidays fast approaching and this baby will be here before we all know it!  I'm trying to take it one day at a time and get as much done as I can when I have free time...which is thankfully more abundant since I finished teaching clinicals as of this past weekend.  Hooray!  I love teaching, don't get me wrong, but working 40+ hours a week for several weeks on end is quite the challenge, especially when pregnant.  So, once I grade a few more things, that portion of my life will be behind me...and for quite some time since I am taking next semester off!

Other than teaching and working, this week has been consumed with trying to finish up my registries and going to my 24 week OB check-up.  Even though I decided to transfer care to New Life Birth Center, I went ahead and kept my already scheduled appointment at my previous midwife's office.  And wouldn't you know, I saw a new midwife this time and she was excellent!  That didn't change my decision, though, and I requested my records be faxed to the new place and officially transferred care.  The only downside that I can foresee is the long drive, especially for appointments, especially when they get more frequent towards the end of my pregnancy.  But, I believe it will be worth it and I will be happy with this decision.  Everything checked out OK at my appointment Monday except I was spilling some ketones in my urine so I have been trying REALLY hard to drink a lot more water and eat better.  The sugar consumption was getting a little out of control there for a bit.  It's still a challenge but I'm doing much better.

Last evening, I took some time for myself and baked some muffins I've been craving for a couple days.  One of these days, I'm going to do a whole baking post but this time, I was too lazy to take a bunch of pictures while baking so you just get the end result...

Banana-Walnut-Coconut Muffins

I took my standard recipe and altered it a little, substituting coconut oil for the shortening/butter, adding cinnamon and walnuts (the recipe just calls for nutmeg), substituting whole wheat flour for some of the regular, and sprinkling shredded coconut on top!  They are sooo tasty!  It was everything I could do to not eat the entire batch (I must confess, I still ate 3).

I must run start getting ready for work so here is my rapidly growing bump and below it my stats for this week...


How far along? 25 Weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): rutabaga or cauliflower (weird, I know)

Maternity clothes?  Yes, but still wearing some regular clothes, too.  My wardrobe has never been this big!

Symptoms: Hearty appetite, indigestion, headaches, increased congestion, occasional aches in my lower belly, clumsiness, occasional leg cramps while sleeping, increased thirst and urination, lots of fetal movement...

Sleep: Still fair to good.

Best moment this week: Hearing baby's heartbeat and feeling her move all around ALL THE TIME!

Miss anything? Nope, I'm loving being pregnant!

Number of times I get up to pee each night: 1-2

Food cravings: Nothing on the regular...this week, I craved the aforementioned banana nut muffins and fudge rounds (which I'm still fighting).

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

Movement: Yes, and I LOVE it!

Stretch marks? Nope!

Belly button – in or out? Still mostly in but it's definitely starting to poke out more and more!

Wedding rings – on or off? On still, thank goodness.  I do not look forward to the day when I can't wear them anymore!

Gender: It's a Girl!

Mood: Good!

Looking forward to: Really starting to do more with tangible preparations...and my baby shower in 4 weeks!

Baby preparations: Mostly finished with my registry and searching frequently for furniture and other such necessities.

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — 1 1/2 pounds — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment