Thursday, November 28, 2013

27 Weeks: Hello Third Trimester!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I have so much to be thankful for this year and at the very top of that list is this little AppleSeed growing ever so rapidly inside me.  It's a challenge to be thankful for how quickly she is growing and how soon she will be making her appearance but I'm just trying to take it a day at a time and know that it will all get done eventually!

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family a few days early last weekend.  I didn't take many pictures at all because I was just enjoying the short amount of time I had with my loved ones.  Here are the few I snapped:

 Mal getting ready to open up her birthday present from Aunt Mary & Uncle Jeff.

 Karly & Mallory admiring the Bedtime Peppa Pig that Mallory got.

 Me & my hottie of a husband.

 Karly set up an elaborate tea party for everyone.  If you look closely to the left of the picture, you'll see each place setting has a "waffle," a cup with "tea," crayons for utensils, and a Mr. Potato Head body part to play a game after we have tea.  She was also thoughtful enough to place a towel in the center of the blanket in case any "tea" got spilled.  I love that girl!

Some of the tea party guests, Patrick, Meme, and Kenzey!  It was so good to have my brother visit from Nashville and we're so glad Meme could join us, as well. 

As I alluded to in the first two pictures, my niece, Mallory had a birthday this week.  She turned THREE!  So hard to believe she's gone from a tiny little nugget to the "big girl" she is now!  Picture illustration:

She was such a cuddly newborn (ahhh, I can't wait to have my very own)!

She is not a huge fan of having her picture taken lately so it was quite the challenge to find this one!

I am hosting Thanksgiving for Jeff's family at my house this year for the very first time!  Am I a real grown-up or what?  Thankfully I am not responsible for all the cooking & my amazing hubby helped a bunch with cleaning and general preparations.  I will save pics and details about the day for another post.  Jeff, AppleSeed & I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by loved ones and yummy food!

Here are the "bump" and my weekly stats:

Just so everyone knows, you should consider yourselves very lucky that I am willing to show my bare belly.  I swore I never would but I actually really like this pic! 
How far along? 27 Weeks

Baby is the size of a:  head of cauliflower

Maternity clothes? Yup!  There's definitely no way I could fit into regular pants (besides PJ's and such).  I am very thankful I can still wear a lot of my non-maternity shirts!

Symptoms: Congestion, nosebleeds, moodiness, leg cramps, indigestion, increased thirst and hunger, lots of peeing, "pregnancy brain," etc., etc....!

Sleep:  Pretty good this week.  My cough has let up quite a bit (especially when I'm sleeping) and I think the warm steam vaporizer I bought is helping a lot with that & my congestion.

Best moment this week:  Spending the weekend with my family in celebration of an early Thanksgiving.

Miss anything? Being able to eat my fried eggs over easy and eating the batter while I'm baking (I know I should probably never do this but the risk is worth is when I'm not pregnant...putting my baby in danger, not so much worth the risk).

Number of times I get up to pee each night:  Just once, sometimes twice!

Food cravings:  Cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera and anything sweet!

Movement:  All the time!  Haven't felt any hiccups yet but evidently I should soon.

Stretch marks:  Nope!

Belly button - in or out?  Still in but definitely quite flat.

Wedding rings - on or off?  Still on, thank goodness!

Mood:  I have had two major meltdowns in the past week & I'm REALLY hoping they don't become the norm now that I'm entering my 3rd trimester.

Looking forward to:  Having six days off from work & getting stuff done in the nursery *crosses fingers*

Baby preparations:  Looking very hard for used or new furniture that's a good price and thinking about going to look at paint very soon!  (I know I'm very behind by most people's standards so do not feel the need to mention this, hehe).

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com:  This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

"Then out of them shall proceed thanksgiving And the voice of those who make merry; I will multiply them, and they shall not diminish; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small." --Jeremiah 30:19


No comments:

Post a Comment