Friday, February 28, 2014

Eden's Nursery

For those of you who have been following my blog for a while, you know that I've been promising to post pictures of Eden's nursery for the past several weeks.  Well, we weren't able to get the blinds & curtains hung until after she was born but it is finally done (with the exception of one shelf that still needs to be hung).  So, here are pictures and a little bit of discussion behind some of my decorating choices...

I bought this glider off the Fort Lee classifieds back in December.  My mom graciously re-covered the cushions for me so that it would match my nursery decor.  The blanket hanging on the chair was crocheted by my friend and co-worker, Erin.  I LOVE it!  I bought the little table at Wal-Mart and painted it pink.  The lamp is also from Wal-Mart.  The rug is from Target. 

This is Eden's little reading nook.  I bought a wooden crate from Michael's and painted it grey (the same color as two of the walls of the nursery).  I placed all of her books inside.  The little stool to the left was a gift from my sister's mother-in-law.  I know it's kind of hard to see but it is absolutely adorable!  Lastly, I placed all of Eden's stuffed animals on top of and inside the crate.  My Mom made the curtains. 


Here it's a little easier to see the detail on the accent fabric on the curtains.

This is my changing table and all the other necessities that come along with that. 

We bough this dresser off Craigslist and painted it pink. I purchased the new hardware from Lowe's.


The crib, shelf and wall decor.I bought the crib bumper and skirt off Amazon.  I got the little accent blanket from "The Screaming Owl."  The fitted sheet is from Target or Babies R Us (I can't remember which one).  The shelf was hanging in my bedroom when I was about 12 and my Mom gave it back to me when I started planning the nursery. 

The prints I bought off Etsy.  They were custom-made for me.


The switchplate cover that I covered with scrapbook paper and mod podged.  This is another blog post entirely but I wanted you to see it here first!

This is the focal board I used while in labor.  It has song lyrics, bible verses and mantras.  I didn't spend much time actually looking at it but I remembered most of the ones that really meant something to me from putting it together just a few days prior.

So, there you have it...short & sweet...Eden's nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment