Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pictures!!!

Not much has changed in the past couple weeks other than getting a little more into a routine and being able to assimilate back into some semblance of a "normal life."  My main job is to feed Eden & that remains a bit of a chore. 

Just to give you a little bit of an idea of what it's like...Eden eats about 7 times a day; an average of every 3 hours during the day and thankfully, she usually goes for a stretch of 5 hours and then 4 hours at night.  Unfortunately, this does not mean I get to sleep for that long.  First of all, the 5 hour stretch comes first meaning she goes from 10 pm to 3 am and I rarely get in bed immediately after her 10 pm feed, either because I have things I'm trying to get done or because Eden is gassy & fussy.  The second reason is because it generally takes about an hour for each feed. 

I generally nurse Eden for an average of 10-15 minutes on each side. While she is nursing, I supplement her with pumped breastmilk or formula through a syringe connected to a tube that I place in the corner of her mouth.  As she sucks, she gets milk from my breast and the milk from the tube.  I am supplementing her 1-2 ounces with each feed.  After she's done, I have to pump for 10-15 minutes.  Then, I have to wash all the stuff I used to feed & pump.  Add in a diaper change, burping, and warming the milk (not in that order), and everything takes about an hour. She would probably sleep for longer if I would let her but I worry that this would affect her weight gain & my milk supply.  So, there you go...a little glimpse into my life.  Now, for a bunch of pictures!

Sleeping on Daddy.

Making one of her many faces.  She is so animated these days!

Josie is always starved for attention & this is not an uncommon sight.

Always making dramatic hand motions.

Grabbing Daddy's finger while he acts as a pacifier.

Being a drama queen again.

Held by cousin Karly.

Sucking her thumb.

Yay!

Yawning (I couldn't choose between these two pictures, so I just included both).

No comments:

Post a Comment