Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sausage Soup

I got this recipe in the mail from my former real estate agent.  I'm not really sure to whom I owe credit.  I did not create this recipe.  How's that?

Hearty Sausage Soup

1 lb turkey sausage (this can be challenging to find, I used Jennie-O breakfast sausage)
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 medium carrots, diced
2-3 small red potatoes, diced
2 tsp Italian seasonings
2 cans (14 oz.) chicken stock
1 can (14 oz.) white beans, undrained
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes (recipe calls for 'Italian style' but I used regular last time and it was still yummy)


Saute onions and garlic with sausage until browned.



 Add carrots, potatoes, and seasoning and cook until carrots and potatoes are tender crisp.




 Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.


 Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.


 Serve with grated Romano cheese and crusty bread (we didn't have any bread).


 Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment