Wednesday, January 1, 2014

32 Weeks - Happy New Year!!!

I will always have fond memories of 2013 as the year I found out I was pregnant.  I'd have to say that it is my favorite memory for the whole year.  Obviously, there were many memorable moments to follow and I have most definitely enjoyed spending the second half of year pregnant.  That being said, 2014 will certainly bring many new and exciting adventures to our family. I am super excited but not in any hurry as I am starting to feel some urgency related to getting everything done in time!  I'm trying not to stress and simply find satisfaction as each task is completed.

On to what's been going on this week...I worked all weekend and hopefully it was the last time I have to work three 12-hour shifts in a row until I return from maternity leave.  I survived them this weekend but although I felt ok physically, emotionally, I was quite exhausted and drained by the third night.  Let's just say it didn't take much for me to cry.  I hate getting that way but I really don't have any control over it.  Enough about work!  Yesterday, after sleeping for a few hours, Jeff & I went on a date to eat at Five Guys.  We planned to go to Best Buy & look at iPhones but they closed 2 minutes before we got there!  Oh well, Five Guys was open and it was delicious!  After that, we headed to Target and got a wedding gift for the wedding we're attending Saturday.  Then, we went to a friend's house to participate in some NYE celebrations.  We played a game, ate some yummy food and had some good fellowship.  Unfortunately, we had to leave early so I could get some things done at home to prepare to go out of town today.  So, after ringing in the new year by having a quick dance party in the Living Room with Jeff, toasting with some cranberry juice and having a celebratory kiss, I proceeded to bake for the next 3 hours.

Today, I ate lunch at Tokyo with my brother, Patrick, who came in from Nashville yesterday.  Then, Jeff & I rushed around trying to finish getting ready to leave.  Of course, we left 40 minutes later than planned but oh well, we did the best we could!  Now, we're at my Parents' house celebrating a late Christmas.  We had "Christmas dinner" tonight and enjoyed each others company.  My Mom surprised me with my glider that I bought used and she covered.  It's so beautiful!  I also got three gifts from family members who weren't able to make it to my baby shower.  My Mom brought them to me since I couldn't go to our family gathering on Christmas Eve.  In the morning, we'll have "Christmas breakfast" and then exchange gifts.  When I'm finished writing this post, my brother and I will make monkey bread and I'm super excited!  It's so yummy! 

Well, now that I've shared all the details of my life with you, I'll share a pic of my growing belly and my pregnancy stats for this week:



How far along?  32 weeks

Baby is the size of a: jicama (What is a jicama, you ask?  Well, here is a handy-dandy wikipedia link for your reading enlightenment).

Maternity clothes:  As my belly is growing exponentially, it is becoming a bit more challenging to find shirts that cover my tummy.  I bought several tank tops online from Old Navy to wear underneath my shirts and I can't wait for them to come.  I think it will help a bunch!  I really should buy some more scrub pants, as well, but I just haven't had a chance.

Symptoms:  Cankles (only when I'm on my feet for hours, thankfully), itchy abdomen, increased urinary frequency, occasional shortness of breath (with exertion, i.e., trying to put on my shoes), the threat of losing my stomach contents anytime I bend over (due to the increased abdominal pressure and AppleSeed pushing up on my diaphragm), clumsiness, moodiness, walking with a waddle....etc., etc., etc.!

Sleep:  Still sleeping alright but it sure does hurt when I get up to pee (which brings us to the next stat...) due to stiffness and such.

Number of times I get up to pee each night:  2-3

Best moment this week:  I guess I'd have to say coming home to my Parents' house to spend a few days relaxing and hanging out celebrating a late Christmas.

Miss anything?  Being able to enjoy all the Christmas goodies without worrying that I'll have a 10 pound baby, haha!

Food cravings:  Pretty much just mac & cheese and I had some of my Mom's tonight & it was sooo yummy!

Movement:  That is a resounding YES!  So cool to feel actual body parts as she wiggles and flips and moves all around in there!

Stretch marks?  No, yay!

Belly button - in or out?  Just started poking out a little in the last few days.

Wedding rings - on or off?  On, yay!

Mood:  Jeff says to make sure to mention that I often get hangry.  He also suggested that we invent a word to describe when I get angry because I have to pee really bad (and can't go immediately, obviously).  Also, as I mentioned previously, I had a few moments where I broke down and cried without much provocation. Hoping this does not become a trend or else it's going to be a very long 6-8 weeks!

Looking forward to: Celebrating Christmas with my family tomorrow!

Baby preparations:  As I said, my Mom covered my glider, yay!  I wasn't able to do anything else at home this week since I worked all weekend and then left!  So looking forward to having some time to get some things done!

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com:   By now, your baby weighs 3 3/4 pounds (about the size of a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment