Wednesday, January 22, 2014

35 Weeks - The Countdown is On!

The countdown is on, except I'm not quite sure how long the countdown will last or when exactly we're counting down to!  Haha!  This would usually bother me quite a bit (being the control freak that I am) but God (and the wonderful husband with whom He provided me) have helped me be a lot less of a control maniac.  Also, I know that my baby will come with she is good and ready and I should not rush it.  Thankfully, I am still quite comfortable and not yet feeling that urge of wanting her out of there!  I am very much hoping this remains the case for as long as possible!  I told Jeff just the other day that I am really trying to just be thankful for this pregnancy and not take it for granted wishing it away too soon.  Who says I will ever be able to be pregnant again?  And these precious last few weeks with my baby girl nestled inside me are so special that I am not sure when I'll be ready for them to end!  Don't get me wrong...I am very ready to meet her and getting more and more excited every day.  I daydream often about what she will look like, holding her, feeding her, cuddling with her, etc., etc., etc. 

The last week has been fairly relaxing and I am so thankful for that.  I worked last Thursday and Friday night.  Saturday was spent resting and getting a few things done around the house.  I did a few things to work on the nursery which I know you're all anxious to see but it's not quite ready yet.  I did post a sneak peak on Facebook last night and I think most of you probably caught a glimpse.  Hopefully, within the next couple of weeks, it will be completely finished and I will dedicate an entire post to all the details I've put into it.  Sunday, Jeff and I took a little trip to Target and I returned some things I received as duplicates at my baby showers.  With that money and gift cards I received, I bought several more baby items.  I am having to spend quite a bit to buy the remaining items we need but, let me tell you, when they arrive in the mail, it is the most exciting thing!  Sunday and Monday were such a bummer because mail was not delivered those days (or else I didn't get anything).  Today, I only got my baby laundry detergent which wasn't all that exciting.  I'm still waiting on lots of stuff to come and I am enjoying every minute of it!  I have gotten my diaper bag, a changing table pad, my prints I bought on Etsy, my diaper pail, some bibs and burp cloths, etc., etc.  It's like Christmas in January!  Haha!  Anyhow, the last few days have been spent mostly working on the nursery and it's been so nice to actually make some headway.  It's made me a lot less anxious and able to relax and rest better.  I am still nesting, let me tell you...but I've been able to be reasonable and rest, as well.  That's enough about my week.  Here is my growing belly and stats...


How far along?  35 weeks

Baby is the size of a: honeydew melon

Symptoms:  I'm going to be lazy about this one this week and say that I haven't experienced any new symptoms and the ones from before haven't been all that bad!  Little to no swelling, minimal GI symptoms, weight gain has been good, etc.

Sleep:  I've had good nights and bad nights.  It is becoming a bit more of a challenge at times but overall, I can't complain!

Number of times I get up to pee each night:  Still 1-3 depending on how long I sleep and how many times I'm woken up by other things (essentially, if I wake up, I have to pee, but having to pee does not necessarily wake me).

Best moment this week:  I'm not sure I can pick out one solitary moment.  There have been a lot of little moments.  Jeff has been home all week due to MLK and snow.  It's been so nice to spend some extra time with him because, prior to this past weekend, we were both feeling quite overwhelmed with everything there was to do and lack of time to do it. 

Miss anything?  Not particularly!  Like I said, I am very much enjoying being pregnant and all the "bad" things have been totally worth it!

Food cravings:  I haven't had any really strong cravings but I still have quite the sweet tooth and have little to no discipline when it comes to craving those sweets.  Jeff brought home girl scout cookies and we have so much candy around the house leftover from Halloween and Christmas.  Thankfully, I've been able to keep it in check for the most part and maintain my pre-pregnancy motto of "everything in moderation."

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not this week.

Movement:  Almost constant and STRONG and soooo wonderful

Stretch marks:  Nope!

Belly button - in or out?  Flat half of the time, top half poking out a little the other half of the time.

Wedding rings - on or off?  Still on, yay!

Mood:  Much better this week, thank goodness!  I think the fact that things have been a bit less stressful have certainly helped.  I do have to say that when I do get a little crazy, my hubby is so very understanding and loving and kind.  I am the luckiest girl in the world that he chose me to be his wife.

Looking forward to:  New packages coming every day and getting closer and closer to the nursery being complete.

Baby preparations:  I think I've covered this topic quite thoroughly in the narrative above. Hehe.

What baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com:  Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment