Friday, January 10, 2014

33 Weeks

Wow!  This past week has been jam-packed with activity!  I will try to keep it short & sweet while still giving you a snapshot of what's been going on.  Last Thursday, we celebrated Christmas with my family.  It was simple and good.  I didn't get many great pics, but here are a few:

Me & my silly hubby ^^

Karly sporting her new shirt from Nanny!

Our cozy fire!

Kenzey looking adorable, as usual.

Karly & Mallory opening their presents from me & Uncle Jeff.
 We didn't do anything else too exciting while at my Parents' house (other than relax, which is pretty exciting to me)!  That is, until we went to a wedding on Saturday for a family friend I've known since she was a little girl.  I didn't get many good pictures there, either.  Here is one of me & Jeff, though...


We came home Sunday afternoon and I worked Sunday & Monday nights.  Tuesday, it was super cold outside so I avoided doing much of anything!  Wednesday, a friend and mentor (she was my preceptor for my Senior leadership clinicals on Pediatrics when I was in nursing school at LU) took me out to lunch at Market at Main.  It was yummy & very nice.  I wish we had taken a picture!  She also gave me a kit to make a little keepsake ornament with baby's hand print when she's born!  After running a few errands, I headed to Charlottesville for my work baby shower.  It was very nice and I am so thankful for my co-workers who are also dear friends.  Here are a few pictures from the shower (I will post more on Facebook) (photo credit goes to Sarah Hartsock)...










Yesterday, I got my hair cut (trimmed) and then headed out to Rocky Mount for a prenatal appointment.  Everything went great.  My weight is up a bit more than I would like but considering it was gained over the holidays, it could be worse!  My BP was good, I'm measuring at exactly 33 weeks, baby is head down and had a regular, strong heartbeat.  We discussed some good things to prepare for childbirth and overall, it was a really good appointment.  Here is my bump (as of Wednesday night)...


And here are my stats:

How far along? 33 weeks

Baby is the size of a: pineapple

Maternity clothes?  I bought a bunch of tank tops from Old Navy to wear under my shirts, especially at work, and they came the other day.  Having them helps a lot!

Symptoms:  I experienced heartburn for the very first time last weekend!  It was the craziest thing!  Thankfully, it hasn't become a frequent visitor.  Otherwise...stronger fetal activity, shortness of breath (especially with light activity or lying down), increasing clumsiness, forgetfulness, occasional leg cramps, mild swelling of ankles & feet (when I'm on them for several hours at a time), walking with a very noticeable waddle, some mild, occasional numbness & pain in my wrist(s)...

Sleep:  Still pretty good!

Number of times I get up to pee each night:  Anywhere from 1-3 depending on the night.

Best moment this week:  My baby shower!

Miss anything?  Being able to move around and do stuff around the house, etc., without getting tired & short of breath so easily!

Food cravings:  Nothing really stands out to me this week...

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really (I even ate a salad this week)!

Movement:  Oh my goodness, yes!  She's very active and it's quite noticeable at all times.  She gets the hiccups pretty frequently and pokes me in places I can't believe she can reach!

Stretch marks?  No, yay!

Belly button - in or out?  Still mostly flat but definitely poking out a bit more these days.

Wedding rings - on or off?  Still on, yay!

Mood:  I think I've been pretty even keel this week.  Hoping it stays that way as I inevitably grow more uncomfortable over the coming weeks!

Looking forward to:  My parents coming this weekend to help paint the nursery.  Then, everything else should fall into place.  Also, looking forward to going to buy all the things we haven't received as gifts.  I'm not looking forward to spending money but I am looking forward to shopping!

Baby preparations:  As I just said, we're painting the nursery this weekend, then, we can put together the crib and changing table.  My Mom and I should be able to do some work on sanding and painting the dresser, also.

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com:  This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark (about the size of a pineapple). She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment