Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Eden Amelia is Nine Months Old!

Since my last post, my computer decided to join its ancestors and I have thus been unable to do a picture update like I wanted.  The good news is that my computer nerd hubby was able to pull everything off the hard-drive and upload it to his mac.  So, I promise to share them as soon as possible but I figured a timely post about Eden turning nine months took precedence...

On Sunday, Eden turned nine months old.  She has now been out of me for as long as she was inside me.  Pretty mind-blowing!  She's been in existence for a year and a half!  It's getting more and more difficult to remember life without her in it.  The days are often long and taxing but they're also immensely rewarding and full of laughter and joy.  I am striving to stay focused on Jesus when I grow weary in doing the sometimes menial tasks of motherhood.  He is in it all and when I keep my eyes fixed on Him, I am a much more patient Mommy.  More about this later, hopefully!

Eden is changing so rapidly.  When I look at pictures from just a month or so ago, I cannot believe how much she has grown and transformed.  Her hair is growing like weeds!  It is so crazy and it's pretty rare to go out without someone (or everyone) commenting on it. Well, see for yourself…


Nine Months Old

Weight: 20 lbs. 7 oz. (75%)
Length: 27 3/4 in. (50%)
Head Circumference: 18 1/2 in. (97%)

Eden is now completely in 9 month clothes except for a few 6 month things that we're still squeezing into.  She's still in size 3 diapers and should be for a little while longer.

She is making crazy fine and gross motor developmental leaps.  She learned how to clap a couple weeks ago.  She is waving every now and then (not always on command).  We are starting to do some sign language with her and I think she is starting to catch on to "all done."  Her pincer grasp skills are excellent and she grasps and holds things very well.  She is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth.  She scoots across the floor backwards and she is standing with assist (she still can't go from sitting to standing but she will stand for quite some time holding on to stuff if you put her there).  She is much more steady when in a seated position and hasn't fallen and bumped her huge head in at least a week or two!

Speaking of her huge head, as you can see, she is almost off the chart in head circumference.  At her checkup today, the NP said there's nothing to worry about if her parents have big heads (we do) and she's not showing any signs of increased intracranial pressure (ICP) (she's not).  She also said that Eden is the picture of perfect health.  We really have been blessed beyond measure with how healthy she is.  She had her finger pricked to check her hemoglobin (which was 11.5) and she did so great!  She didn't even cry!!!  I was so worried beforehand and so proud of how well she did after!

Sleep seems to be the area she is maturing slowest in.  She is also currently experiencing a sleep regression which is apparently normal for nine month olds.  She just has the hardest time going to sleep at nap time and bedtime and she will often wake up and the most inopportune times and want to have a party.  You have to appreciate her zest for life but sometimes, Jeff and I just don't understand how we (the night owls) got a child who is such a morning person!  Haha.

What else can I tell you?  I hope to update my other post with lots of pictures very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment