Saturday, November 8, 2014

Florida Trip

Eden's first airplane ride and trip to Florida...

First, on Friday, Sept. 26, Eden and I drove to Nanny & Poppy's house to spend the night.  We stopped in Dinwiddie to visit Eden's cousins and Uncle Shawn (Aunt Rachel was away at a Women's Conference for the weekend).  Eeeeaaarly Saturday morning, Poppy drove me, Eden, and Nanny to the airport in Richmond where we flew out at 7 am.  Our direct flight into Orlando was uneventful and Eden did wonderfully!  I was quite relieved.  (Great) Aunt Joan and Hootie (Eden's great grandma) picked us up from the airport and we met (Great) Uncle Gene & Pop (great grandpa) at a little breakfast joint.  Eden had some of my blueberry pancakes (and whatever else she could get her hands on) and everyone was amazed that she was allowed to eat solid foods (Wouldn't she choke?!?! Haha).  We headed to my Aunt Joan's house and tried to take a nap.  Of course, Eden was too excited and only slept for 30 minutes.  I was pretty bummed because at this point, I had been awake since 4:30 that morning and I was sooooo tired!  Thankfully, we were able to take a nap a little later that afternoon.  That night, we all had burgers and hot dogs for dinner.

The next day, we ate a big breakfast and hung out at my aunt & uncle's house.  As I think about it, the whole trip pretty much revolved around meals.  Haha.  That evening, we went over to my cousin's house where his wife prepared a delicious meal of fish and lobster, salad, & cheddar biscuits.  It was super yummy.  Once again, Eden gagged while eating and my aunt flipped out.  It was actually pretty comical after the fact.  I've learned to embrace the fact that not everyone will understand why I do things the way I do them but as long as I feel that I'm doing what's best for Eden and our family, there's nothing to worry about!

As I'm sure you aren't interested in a detailed account of everything we did, I'll just post a bunch of pictures with captions now.  It was a fun trip and I'm glad we went.  I'm so happy that Eden did so well and that my grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousins and cousins' kids were able to meet Eden.  It had been four years since I had visited Florida so this trip was long overdue.

Beautiful skies on the drive to my Parents' house.

Taking a bath in Nanny's sink!

Airplane selfie!

She was a little tired.

Trying on the my new outfit from Hootie (sorry this picture isn't very clear).

Hanging out with Papa.

Playing with my cousin McKenna.

Getting a little tired of picture time.  Haha.

Hanging out in the bathtub, playing with a cup, how fun!

Just hanging out in a basket.

Pretty flowers out by the pool…and a little lizard trying to blend in on the wall.

Lounging by the pool.

Hanging out with cousin Emma (who loved Eden).

Alivia eating some yummy ice cream at Hootie's house!

Silly kiddos goofing around.

More fun with cousins.


No comments:

Post a Comment