Monday, August 12, 2013

The Bird & The Bean are Having an AppleSeed!

Bird = Mary     Bean = Jeff     Appleseed* = BABY!   

*Explanation to follow


After over a year and a half of trying to start a family, Jeff & I are THRILLED to announce that we are pregnant!



Our little one, whom we've nicknamed "AppleSeed" is due February 27, 2014.  When we found out we were pregnant, on June 24th, our baby was the size of an apple seed.  So, it stuck :o)


We had our first ultrasound at 9 weeks & got to see our little gummy bear for the first time.  We also got to hear its heartbeat and it was one of the greatest moments of my life!  Here he/she is!


Now, I'm almost 12 weeks & our baby is just about the size of a lime!  I don't really have a bump yet but I figure I have to start taking pictures at some point! Here is my 11 week belly pic:



How far along? 11 weeks

Baby is the size of a:  Fig

Maternity clothes? Not yet; just have to unbutton my pants after eating a lot :o)

Stretch marks? Nah

Symptoms: Fatigue, moodiness, and occasional “morning sickness”

Sleep: Not too well.  I have very vivid dreams and get up to pee more often than before I was pregnant.

Best moment this week: Telling my grandmother that I’m pregnant on her 80th birthday!

Miss Anything? I just don’t enjoy food like I used to :o/

Number of times I get up to pee each night: 2-3 depending on how long I get to sleep (which is 10-12 hours these days).

Food cravings: French Fries

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not particularly but I don’t enjoy fruit like I used to and just this week I sadly discovered that I might not enjoy Chipotle like I did before I was pregnant :o(

Have you started to show yet? Nope

Gender: Too early to tell!  And I don’t have a feeling either way!

Mood: Unfortunately for Jeff, I am quite moody these days.  When I’m hungry, I get super cranky.  I cry at ridiculous things.  All the usual things :oP

Looking forward to: Feeling better!

 What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.


1 Samuel 1:27
"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him."

2 comments:

  1. Mary! I am so excited for you! It'll be so fun to follow your blog over the next 6 months +. Congratulations! ~Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just great Mary! A BIG congrats ;)

    ReplyDelete