Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Bird is 13 Weeks Pregnant!

Nothing too exciting to post about this week. I have been off 6 out of the 7 days and I've filled my days off with some fun activities. Tuesday, I went to Charlottesville (well, Palmyra, to be technical) to visit my co-worker, Sarah, and her 5 week old baby, Abel. It was the first chance I've had to meet Abel and see Sarah since she had him. We had a very nice visit and I got my fill of baby cuddles. Last night, we had Jeff's sisters, Mom, and niece and nephew over for dinner. This was the first time we've had anyone over since I got pregnant (besides when my family came to visit in July). I'm so glad I'm finally feeling up to being a hostess again! Today, I met my sister-in-law, Robin, and her kids, and our friend, Leanne, and her kids at Riverside Park for the kids to play.  They have a "sprayground" that was a lot fun for the kids and a great way to cool off in this warm weather!  I got a bit of a sunburn but it's not too bad so I'm just glad I got some sun!  Tonight, Jeff & I went out for dinner and it was a nice little ending to my time off.

As I mention below, the highlight of my week has been feeling well enough to work out 6 out of the 7 days!  I bought 3 DVDs off Amazon and they, combined with the gorgeous weather we were having, served as excellent motivation for me to get back to working out consistently.  One DVD is Pilates which is the majority of what I was doing pre-pregnancy.  One is a general low-impact aerobic-type workout with use of a resistance band and a lot of other techniques.  This one is no joke but I also like it because it's split into the three trimesters and there's an express option (which in my opinion is the only option, for now).  Hehe.  The third DVD is prenatal and postnatal yoga.  I've never been too big on yoga and I've only done this one once.  I'll have to give it another try to see how I really feel.  In addition to these 3 DVDs, I've taken several walks, mostly after dinner with my hubby.  I really LOVE it when our schedules and the weather allow for those walks!

Lastly, what has been consuming most of my free time this past week is reading and thinking about what kind of birth experience I want to have.  As long as I can remember, I've been wanting to have a natural birth.  The question now is where would my ideal birth take place?  This decision would effectively decide for me who my care provider is, as well.  I've been getting all my prenatal care at an office affiliated with our local hospital who is made up of all midwives.  I've been to both of the major OB offices in Lynchburg, and this is definitely my preference between the two.  I am considering, though, the option of a birthing center or homebirth.  Since the midwives I've been seeing only deliver at the hospital, I would have to find a different midwife (or wives).  I won't go into much more detail about this now but I have been reading "Your Best Birth" in the meantime, trying to make sure I'm informed on all levels and just trying to figure out what I really want.  I'm sure there will be more on this in the weeks to come!

Here's what my bump is looking like these days--  



How far along? 13 weeks

Baby is the size of a: pea pod or peach

Maternity clothes? Still no!

Symptoms: Very rare “morning sickness,” increased appetite, peeing a lot; no headaches this week. Overall, I’m feeling much better! *yay*

Sleep: About 10 hours a night, if I’m lucky. Sleeping pretty well these days!

Best moment this week: Feeling better & working out 6/7 days this week!

Miss Anything? Shopping! There’s just not much point right now!

Number of times I get up to pee each night: Just 2 these days.

Food cravings: Unfortunately, my sweet tooth is back in full force.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing consistent but I still get random waves of nausea at unexpected times when I smell something particularly strong.

Have you started to show yet? Maybe ever so slightly but my belly hasn’t “popped” yet.

Gender: Nope, no clue & I don’t really want to until we find out in about 7 weeks!

Mood: Besides crying at anything & everything, it’s pretty much the same as pre-pregnancy.

Looking forward to: Looking pregnant instead of a little pudgy around the midsection.

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (about the size of a pea pod) and weighs nearly an ounce.


Psalm 127:3-5  Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment