Thursday, October 3, 2013

Can Anyone Believe I'm 19 Weeks Pregnant?!?! Not Me!

I fully expected this pregnancy to fly by, especially my 2nd trimester, but when it actually is flying by & it seems like just a few weeks ago that we found out we were expecting (it's been 3 1/2 months), and just a few days since we first caught a glimpse of our little gummy bear on ultrasound (it's been 10 weeks), and just yesterday that I started my 2nd trimester (it's been 5 weeks), it boggles my mind a little!  I just cannot believe that we're almost to the halfway mark!  A lot of exciting things are happening right now & more than anything, I want to make sure I take time to stop and savor each moment.  The most exciting thing currently is that I am feeling baby move all around more and more each day.  Now that those movements are unmistakeably baby, I crave them all the time.  I've noticed that I feel them more when sitting or lying still and I try to recreate that environment whenever I can!  It's difficult when you're as busy as I am!  But thankfully, some of what I have to do (grading, etc.) involves lying on the couch.

I don't have any more updates since I've already posted twice in the last week!  Therefore, without any further adieu, here is my 19 week baby bump and stats...

**Disclaimer Statement:  I am sick & did not feel like putting on makeup or fixing my hair so please just focus on the bump & ignore from the neck up!**




How far along? 19 Weeks

Baby is the size of an: Heirloom Tomato or Mango

Maternity clothes? I went through all the stuff my wonderful sister gave me & tried on almost everything this past weekend.  I am working on washing them soon & before long, it's all I'll be able to wear.  For now, it's mostly maternity pants & regular shirts.

Symptoms:  "Hearty appetite" as my app calls it, haha; Fetal movement; Hyper-gag reflex and other various, but mostly tolerable, GI symptoms (I threw up this morning for the first time in a while); occasional faintness or dizziness; No leg cramps or swelling, thank God!

Sleep:  Pretty good.  I had a dream the other day that two of my teeth fell out.  At first, it was very disconcerting until I realized that I had two new teeth coming in.  If you're into dream interpretation, you know that usually, teeth falling out dreams mean that you're anxious about impending change.  I can see where that would definitely be the case here but I think it was a positive dream because I realized that the change is good!  I am so very excited for this creature who is coming to turn our lives upside down!

Best moment this week: Just having last weekend to relax & spend time with my hubby.

Miss Anything? Not really!  I'm still lying on my back every now & then (and trying not to) so I know I will miss that very soon!

Number of times I get up to pee each night: Usually just once!

Food cravings: Ice cream, nutty bars, yogurt covered pretzels, all the bad stuff! Ughhh!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just the horrible post-nasal drip I have from my horrible allergy symptoms the past few days! Bleh!

Have you started to show yet? I guess I'm going to have to get rid of this question because it really seems like once I've started to show, there's nothing else to say, hehe.

Gender: We find out in 11 days!!!!!!!!

Mood: Fair to good for the most part.  I haven't been feeling well on account of the aforementioned allergy symptoms so it's been a bit difficult to remain upbeat.

Looking forward to: Feeling more & more baby movement and of course our ultrasound in 11 days!

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com: 

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of an heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment