Monday, September 30, 2013

Fun Weekend Activities

Between work (at UVa) and teaching clinicals on the weekends, this past weekend was my first weekend off in a month!  It was much needed and well-deserved!  We didn't do anything too crazy but that's what made it so nice & relaxing.  Friday, Jeff came home from work and we ordered Chinese food.  It had been almost two months since we had it and all it took was someone mentioning it at work Thursday night and I had to have some.  It was so yummy!  Then, we just laid on our bed and relaxed for a while.  It was so nice not to have anything to do.  Once we decided we had better get up before Jeff fell asleep (he had been up since 6am and does not sleep well during the week, in his defense), I was craving some ice cream really badly!  I tried to suppress it but it would not be denied.  So, Jeff, being the wonderful husband that he is, offered to go get me some.  When he returned, we had cookies & cream ice cream (I made mine into a milkshake).  It hit the spot.  I feel like my life revolves around food right now.  Haha!

Saturday, we slept in which was wonderful (especially for Jeff, I'm sure).  Then, we got up and I made waffles for breakfast.  This has become a bit of a Saturday tradition and I really look forward to it!  We had a very lazy morning and I didn't get a thing done (and I'm not ashamed of it).  Once I finally got up and showered, we ate leftover Chinese for lunch and headed to Morris Orchard to get some apples!  We also got some pumpkins and snapped some pictures of the beautiful scenery.










On the way home, we stopped at Lowe's and bought some mums for my front porch display. 

Sunday, we got up & went to church.  After church, we planned to eat lunch at Five Guys but when we got there, we discovered that it was closed for renovations!  I was so upset.  What's a pregnant girl with a craving to do?  I decided that the main reason I wanted to eat there was for the french fries and the only place that comes close to having such yummy fries is Applebees.  Unfortunately, that was a pretty big disappointment and I don't think we'll be eating there again for a very long time.  Oh well, Five Guys opens again on Oct. 2nd so you can bet we'll be making another trip there very soon!  After getting home from lunch, we took a very brief nap and then headed out to do some much needed yard work.  Jeff mowed the grass, I pulled weeds and decorated my front porch for Fall.  



Then, we just relaxed for the rest of the evening!  It was a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment