Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Proud Aunt Moment

I just have to brag on my niece for a little bit.  My eldest niece, Karly, went to her first day of Kindergarten yesterday!  I am so glad I was able to be present for her big day.  She was so excited which made the difficulty of it all a little easier.  I just can't believe that she is old enough to go to Kindergarten!  It seriously seems like just yesterday that she looked like this:


It's like I blinked, and all the sudden, she looks like this:


She is quite the little artist and helped me with this sign that she's holding in the above picture.  She wrote her name at the very top and then, I wrote all the letters/words.  She then colored in the block letters and drew an owl.  On Monday, she asked if cowgirls still exist and are alive and if so, that's what she wants to be when she grows up but I convinced her to put Veterinarian on this sign since that's what she usually says when you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up.  Here's a close-up of the sign:


Here are a couple of pictures from school:





After Karly got home from school, I conducted an interview on video to document how her first day of school went.  Here it is:




No comments:

Post a Comment