Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Bird is 18 Weeks!

This week has continued to be busy with something going on everyday. I finally have a weekend off and I do have some things to share about yesterday & today but they're exciting enough to deserve their own post so for now, I'll leave you with the bump & my weekly stats:



How far along? 18 Weeks

Baby is the size of a: Bell Pepper or Sweet Potato (I know those are two very different things but that's what the two different apps that I follow say)!

Maternity Clothes? Yes! With the weather getting cooler, I have officially started wearing maternity jeans. They are quite comfy.

Symptoms: Overall, I've felt pretty good. My appetite is definitely increased and I'm still having the occasional annoying GI symptom. Nothing too crazy, though. I really can't complain! Also, fetal movement vs. flatulence. Hehe.

Sleep: Fair to good (same as pre-pregnancy)

Best moment this week: Possibly feeling little baby kicks (really too soon to tell).

Miss anything? Not at the moment!

Number of times I get up to pee each night: Once or twice unless I get woken up more often & then I usually have to pee more often.

Food cravings: Same ol' same ol'...french fries, yogurt covered pretzels, chocolate and ice cream.

Anything making you queasy or sick? No! I think I've finally gotten over this part! (Watch, now I'll throw up or something)...

Have you started to show yet? There is a definite bump there!

Gender: If I had to guess, I would say "Girl" and I'm honestly happy with either!

Mood: Good for the most part...sometimes a bit more emotional but nothing too crazy.

Looking forward to: Being more sure of the baby movements and my 20 week ultrasound in 2 1/2 weeks!

What baby's up to this week according to BabyCenter.com:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and he weighs almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper). He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment