Friday, September 6, 2013

The Bird is 15 Weeks Pregnant!

Once again, I am a bit delayed in getting this week's blog post up.  I have been busy, busy, busy between visiting my family (see my most recent post), working, and spending much needed time with The Bean.  We did get a chance to snap a few belly bump pics and I just filled out my weekly pregnancy stats so for the sake of time, that's all I'll post this time.



How far along? 15 weeks

Baby is the size of an:  apple or orange

Maternity clothes? Not quite yet; I did pull a few things out the other day & tried a few on.  I am mostly using a hair rubberband to keep my pants together but unbuttoned and I will probably start to wear a Bella Band or Beband soon.

Symptoms:  Still the occasional “nausea,” threw up this morning, gas and bloating, increased appetite, increased urinary frequency, crying at everything, anxiety.

Sleep: Not too bad.  I did have some weird dreams today & yesterday after working.

Best moment this week: Visiting my family and seeing my niece go to her first day of Kindergarten.

Miss Anything? Can’t think of anything new this week!

Number of times I get up to pee each night: Just once (which is pretty much what I was doing pre-pregnancy).

Food cravings: Ice cream…no other real cravings this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really.

Have you started to show yet? Just barely starting to show now.  I look immensely more pregnant by the end of the day due to the wonders of bloating, ugh!

Gender: About 5 more weeks til we find out!

Mood: Umm, more anxiety this week and feeling generally stressed about how busy I’m going to be for the next couple of months but otherwise, I’ve been in a good mood.

Looking forward to:  My OB appointment on Monday and hearing the baby’s heartbeat.

What the baby is up to this week according to Babycenter.com: 
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

No comments:

Post a Comment